The Glee Project Recap: Beef, a Other Fashion Accessory
Your unchanging recapper is on vacation, so your accessible area Tiger Cub is stepping in.
This was a week for uncanny dresses, lots of make-up, gender-bending and (of course) buckets of tears. we unequivocally wish that Dasani is one of their sponsors, differently these weepy kids will dehydrate.
Here we go with a highlights for this week’s theme, “Theatricality.”
Warning: Spoilers (and snark) Ahead!
- Lily is over a moon to learn this week’s theme. She immediately declares herself a High Queen and starts bossing everybody around, choreographing a Homework Assignment series and ignoring a seditious looks around her.
- Grant Gustin shows up, given when we consider of theatricality he’s a last tenth er, a man we competence consider of.
- The series is “I wish we get it” from A Chorus Line. This is a flattering meta strain for this show, really, though they during slightest possess that.
- Grant feels Michael lacks confidence, and even if he competence be right, we still wish to chuck a slushie in his face for dissing my boy. He gives a same note to Nellie, who seems to be unknowingly of a ax that’s unresolved over her conduct by a rapidly-fraying thread.
- Ali wins a Homework Assignment challenge, that is inexplicable, though good given it means Lily did not. Petty? Moi?
- The Big Group Number this week is “When we Grow Up” by a Pussycats. They will all be behaving dressed adult as famous cocktail icons. Abraham as David Bowie, Ali as Katy Perry, Aylin as Madonna, Blake as Boy George, Lily as Cyndi Lauper, Michael as Elvis, Nellie as Britney Spears and Shana as Lady Gaga.
- Nellie is not happy and whines, “Why do we do this to me?” And a thread frays a bit more.
- In a recording booth, Michael stumbles and we direct given he insists on violation my heart.
- Nikki asks Abraham if he feels androgynous when he is performing. we join Abraham in giving her a “WTF?” look. And she acts like it’s a many standard doubt in a world. He gets so flustered, he chokes.
- The story of a video is a group of grocery office violation into song (as they tend to do) about how they wish to be famous. For my money, no one stood out, though Robert gushes about how they are all on fire.
- Shana is given a dress done of beef to wear and it’s all kinds of awful, though she bears it though complaint. we forget all about my progressing dislike of her.
- Nellie creates a intrepid bid to challenge her abrasive self-doubt as she tries to lift off Britney, and on interest of introverts everywhere, we contend to her, “you go girl.”
- Blake says he won’t stay it adult as Boy George given he has “a happy brother.” we assume that this kin is a novella and he’s articulate about himself given we am hopelessly shallow.
- Lily has a good time though fails to denote any arrange of impression for Robert and Zach. She after explains that it was Zach’s fault.
- Abraham, Lily and Nellie are sent to a bottom three. And Lily gets on my final haughtiness by insisting it should have been Michael and not her. Girl, we improved leave my child alone.
- Nellie blows a roof off with Melissa Etheridge’s “I’m a usually one.” Abraham shows he can swat with “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes and Adam Levine. And they chuck Lily a delayed representation opposite a image by giving her “Someone Like You” by Adele. we consider she was a small overwrought, though afterwards we don’t like her.
- Lily is assured she is going home, though given this isn’t “Likeability” week, she lives to provoke another day. The fibre finally snaps and Nellie goes off to start her iTunes career.
Did we consider a contestants were melodramatic adequate this week? Did a tears and hand-wringing yank during your heart-strings? Discuss!
The Glee Project front Tuesdays during 10 p.m. ET on Oxygen.